After a good ten minutes of dicking around I can tell you all this about the update:
- The dash looks EXACTLY THE SAME. WHOAAAAA.
- The inbox looks EXACTLY THE SAME. WHOAAAAA.
- The WYSIWYG editor is sleeker and more streamlined, but all of the features are EXACTLY THE SAME. WHOAAAAA.
And to address the weird rumours going around:
- There’s nothing stopping you from reblogging/posting/queuing/drafting in multiple tabs.
- Posting photosets is kind of weird at first, but it’s a lot more interactive and you get to see exactly how the set will appear on your dash while you’re editting it.
- Posts happen directly from the dashboard, which means a lot of scrolling if you have a tall post and a short monitor, but overall it’s less bulky than writing a post on a separate page.
tl;dr, the changes are awful and Tumblr definitely needs to get their shit together I mean what were they thinking
- shikiandmrmew likes this